Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Planning


I read today that if there is a confirmed swine flu case within a school that the recommendation is to temporarily shut the school down. I shouldn't wish for this. But all day today I was thinking of how much fun we could have. I'm sure I would get tired of it, but if we were home bound , truly homebound, not able to leave for an extended period of time, what would we do? That has consumed me. I've come up with schedules (which is a little crazy if not hormonal). We would swim a lot. Make lots of bread. I should probably go buy some fabric so we can have quilting projects. (Should that be part of a year supply? I probably should finish my un-finished first). I wish we could have chickens and a cow (but please, no pig). Wouldn't it be fun to be self-sustaining? I don't think a garden works well in the summer here, but we could start seedlings indoors come fall. Doesn't this sound great? I could teach Rachel piano. Lindsey and Kimmer could excel on their own. We have lots of black and pinto beans and rice. We'd save a lot of money! Maybe I should do a little more shopping. I'll make a list.

2 comments:

  1. Nice way of looking at the potential problems this could cause. I still think the way some countries are over-reacting (like Egypt) is quite comical! The quilting and homemade bread ideas sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it would be fun to move in with some friends or family right now so that when the madness hits we could play and self-sustain together. :)

    ReplyDelete