Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Homemade Gifts '09

We have joined the home made is best bandwagon. Here is our first year projects:


Kimmer had Rachel and tied a fleece blanket for her. Rachel loves it. It was a favorite especially for the long drive to Utah and Idaho.


Rachel had Gracie and tied her a tulle skirt. She told me that sometimes her teacher would teach them something and they would learn it so well that the teacher didn't need to help them any more. That was a subtle hint for me to leave her be. It took me a bit to get that hint--she had to be more direct. But she did a great job, and Gracie loves to dress up, so perfect.

Lindsey had Kimmer and made her a bow and clippy board. It is darling and super useful. Now we can invest in more bows.



Gracie painted Jane's name, which she loved to do. Several times when I checked to see if it was dry I noticed that she had "worked" on it a bit more. She really did the painting and the polka dots. Cute!



Janie had Lindsey and "helped" put the flower stems in izzy bottles. Lindsey has a shelf above her closet and these will go nicely there. It's amazing how Janie is so smart like that.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of them. Seriously - we should jump on that bandwagon this year for Christmas. Also - I think you should start a new Gymboree class for babies: "Infant Floral Arranging 101"!

    ReplyDelete