Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sour Cream Lemon Pie

Posted by Picasa

Here's the recipe Heather. (Note at bottom for others who wanted this pie)* It is actually super easy and fast. (And Yummy).

1 C sugar
3 T cornstarch
1/4 C butter
1 C milk
1/2 C fresh squeezed lemon juice (if not using fresh, use more)
1/2-3/4 tsp lemon zest

1/2 Pint sour cream (folded in after cooking above)

Conbine sugar, cornstarch, butter, milk, lemon juice and zest in sauce pan. Whisk over medium heat until filling reaches "pudding" consistency. Remove from heat. Fold in sour cream.

Pour into baked pie shell (you can make your own or buy). Chill for two hours. Top entire pie with heavy, sweetened whipped cream (not whipped topping! You have to actually whip the cream).

Enjoy.

We made two pies with this recipe, the pies were a little thinner, but that's okay if you're a pie.

*When I was thinking about making this pie Heather told me that it sounded good. That was the key: telling me that my idea sounds good. Then I shared it with her. Daniel said that he should call and tell me that Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream sounds good, but since I didn't come up with the idea, it isn't as effective. See? You benefit from encouraging a woman's ideas. Most men could be better at this.

1 comment:

  1. Um - hello...YUMMY. I know I always say this - but right now I really do wish we loved closer! =)

    ReplyDelete