Sunday, February 28, 2010

10 thoughts on our California vacation


Thoughts on our trip:
1. If traffic laws were similar to pedestrian traffic at Disney Land, we would have a far less successful nation.
2. There are a lot of Mormons at Disney Land. Since only (roughly) 10% of church membership wear BYU sweat shirts, and I must have seen a dozen BYU sweat shirts, I'm guessing upwards of 25% of the people there were Mormon.
3. You can go to Disney Land just for the flowers. They are lovely!
4. Disney Land isn't such a happy place that kids don't ever cry. Nor that moms don't yell at their crying kids.
5. Captain E.O. is super stupid, but was Michael Jackson's prime time for looking good. When he appeared, everyone applauded, including me.
6. I had to take lots of pictures of the Dumbo ride because when I went to Disney Land with my niece Kaila that was the only ride she wanted to do, so as a 12 year old that was my Disney Land experience--Dumbo.
7. We opted not to go to Sea World and rather stay at the beach, and I think we had just as much fun.
8. Military lodges are the best place to meet friends, especially for kids. Every time my kids have fond memories of new friends they made.
9. My kids can spend hours and hours in the sand and not ever get bored (which explains our giant sand pit in the back yard).
10. Family vacations are the best. They are worth the long drive and the money spent. Really.

1 comment:

  1. hey at least my favorite ride wasn't "it's a small world."

    ReplyDelete