Monday, May 4, 2009

Jane's blessing


Posted by Picasa

Grandma and Grandpa Madsen brought the Powell kids for the weekend to attend baby Jane's blessing. On Saturday the younger kids had a fun time at a primary activity while Lindsey, Ben, Daniel and Grandpa went to the air and space museum. Then the day was filled with swimming, yard work, and making braided bread. The kids had a great time!

Sunday was the blessing and here is what I remember of it: (My mom and my grandma Groberg--who knows how far back it goes--would record blessings and write them out for keepsake. This is my measly attempt at that, just main ideas). Janey would bring happiness and joy to others. She would have a clear mind and learn from the world and the gospel. She would stay close to her Heavenly Father and seek for the best things in life. Be a good friend and sister and share the gospel to others. She would have health and strength.

It was a beautiful weekend, even the weather was pleasant. I am so grateful for my little family and for my extended family, on both sides. Having a connection between, or better yet, a belonging with my kids and their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc., is so valuable, and I am glad that our families try hard to build good relationships. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of family in June!

(The dress was worn by all my girls and made by my sister Jenette out of my wedding dress fabric).

No comments:

Post a Comment