Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Real Current Event

Who: Lindsey
What: screamed and almost ran into a cactus
When: on her bikeride home from school
Where: in the shortcut near her house
Why: she saw a snake in the middle of the pathway, so quickly turned out of its way, but wasn't smart enough to brake
How: she was smiling, and looking forward to being home, but then she looked down, leaned right, screamed, and forgot there was a cactus



A photoshopped version of the snake. It was actually a little lighter in color, so it blended in. As you can see, it was probably bigger than Lindsey.



Luckily, the cactus was small, and I was back in my right mind enough that I could brake, then go around it.

I ran quickly inside, told my news, got a quick snack, and then ran outside with a camera, only to find the snake had already left.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were safe Lindsey - and even had the presence of mind to return with a camera to collect the evidence! Nice goin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate snakes. Gross. :) I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on the cactus. I think that plant was more dangerous than the snake. Unless it was a rattlesnake? Was it?

    ReplyDelete